Service Opportunity: Emmanuel Bible Camp
Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. I am writing to inform you of a ministry opportunity for camp managers at Emmanuel Bible Camp. EBC is located in rural Prince Edward Island and has been in operation since 1953. Each summer we offer four children’s camps, one senior teen camp and two family camps from Sunday to Friday, beginning the first week of July and ending the last week of August. Additionally, we offer our annual ladies retreat weekend at the end of June and men’s retreat weekend in September.
We are looking for one or two mature couples who are in good physical health and are comfortable and willing to oversee the overall operation of the camp. Duties would include administrative skills and the exercise of spiritual discernment for the following:
- Being a good communicator and possessing problem solving skills
- Overseeing and mentoring teenage to adult staff, and ensuring harmonious staff relations
- Being the face of EBC and providing a warm welcome to parents/campers
- Fielding phone calls and interacting with parents and family
- Being a good team player and working with established camp committees/policies Providing continuity and stability for staff
- Overseeing spiritual aspects and able to field questions/defend teaching presented
- Food ordering
- Heading up maintenance crews
EBC is a not-for-profit organization and is staffed by volunteers. Lodging is provided for managers and a financial gift is provided at the end of the season. You can learn more about our camp by checking out our facebook page or by logging on to emmanuelbiblecamp.com.
If you would like to know more about us or for a more detailed description of the manager duties, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking for counselors, cooks, dining room and maintenance staff and would welcome staff applications for any of these positions.
Dan Frew, Spiritual Committee